Monday, October 19, 2009

Teabag Folding

Yesterday I had some creative fun with friends. A lovely new friend of mine Kathy Wilson showed me how to do teabag folding. I had never done it before. Although I found it not "my cup of tea" LOL had to say it :) pardon the pun... it is always nice to learn new things.


I created the cards below, hope you like them.



teabag fold cards

 

Teabag folding is a form of origami, the development is credited to Tiny (pronounced Teeny) van der Plas, who as a practitioner of origami developed the technique in 1992, as a papercraft art for embellishing greeting cards. It uses small square pieces of paper bearing symmetrical designs that are folded in such a way that they interlock and produce a 3 Dimensional version of the underlying design.


Cheers, Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment