Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Blog War Day 1 - 3 Distress Inks

This weeks (PoW) Product of the week for the BLOG WAR is Distress Inks.


I just love Distress Inks & I am slowly building my colour collection. Kaszazz sell 24 colours. Bright colour options are perfect for the new vintage, stained aged effects in altered books, scrapbook pages, cards & paper projects!


Distress Inks are acid free, non-toxic, fade resistant, water based dye inks & have been specially formulated to give an aged, weathered look to papers, photos & more!



Distress Ink Scrapbooking (5)

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


To create this layout I used one piece of each Flirty Bazzill BlingEssentials White. I stamped "Long Stemmed Daisies" across the bottom of the white with Perfect Medium & embossed it with clear embossing powder. With "Dusty Concord" Distress Ink I distressed over the daisies using a blending tool until I was happy with the shading of the resist technique. Tore across the page over the top of the daisies then adhered it to the base page. I stamped the daisies with the dusty concord onto white & then punched out 5 butterflies & distressed their edges. I stamped all other images on the page in dusty concord. Punched around the white matting for the photo & finished with a little icestickles on the base Flirty Bazzill Bling. 



Distress Ink Scrapbooking (3)

 


With this layout I tore a scrap piece of paper to create a mask. I literally then grabbed my Aged Mahogany Distress Ink Pad & smeared it from the piece of paper (which I had positioned) over the edge of a piece of ivory 12 x 12 to create the border for this layout. So easy!!! Weathered Wood Distress Ink is the other colour I used on this page. The red matting for the photo is pomegranate from the latest SB Essentials range.


This picture is of Becky & myself while we were away at Coobowie last weekend by the jetty at Wool Bay.



Distress Ink Scrapbooking (6)

 


The layout below I created using the following products: Jetstream & Limeade Bazzill Basics, Essentials white, Faded Jeans Distress Ink, Stamps - Swirl Frames, Chalk Small Bubble, Soccer & Carnival Alphabet.


Again.... I created the border around the layout by just grabbing my Faded Jeans Distress Ink Pad (down the right hand side) dragging it off the edge of the page & around the page stamping the ink pad over the edge of the layout. This is a great layout for a Beginner Scrapbooker to create. If you have any questions, please ask. I can order any of these Kaszazz products for you. Please contact me if you would like to place an order.



Distress Ink Scrapbooking

 


Cheers, Tina

4 comments:

  1. Tina you are a star! These layouts are lovely. I am definetely going to have to try these out. Question though is it distress inks already? I haven't done anything this week (naughty me) so I've lost where we are up to lol.
    Great Father's Day creations too by the way. I now have the carnival alpha stamps too and they are just gorgeous. God help our bank accounts with the new release on Saturday ha ha.
    Kris xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look wonderful! I really like the mask/smear effect in the second layout, it looks like wood.
    After the Creative getaway I added distress inks to my wishlist.....I have achieved my $100 Kaszazz voucher so guess what I'll be spending it on!!
    See you Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments girls. I too am holding off to see the new products before I place my next order. I know my wish list will get bigger after team training.Glad you like the layouts, they were so easy to do. Congratulations!!! Tamsin for acheiving your TIP (Target Incentive Programme)
    Can't wait till Sunday, see you then. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tina, I love the Dusty Concord Layout. The long stemmed daisies look gorgeous as do the butterflies. I may have to "scraplift" this one!! Thanks for being so inspiring, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete