Sunday, August 16, 2009

Blog War Day 3 - 5 Embossing

Hi Everyone,


Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!! This is a catch up post for me today. Below is my other 3 cards from last weeks Blog War Challange - Embossing. I'll get them out the way before I post my first card for this weeks Challange - Male Cards. Hope you like them.


I also attended one of Naomi Elliot's workshops on Friday using the NEW Smooch product. I will show you those cards I created tomorrow, so come back & visit.


Embossing Cards


I first rollagraphed this card with 26152 Floal Florish & the 24005 Watermark Ink Cartridge. Then embossed the 4192KL Note Journal Stamp in red & stamped the daisy from the Spring time stamp set (9) with Ancient Page Coal Black around the edges. I punched 3 scallops & added a piece of red ribbon.


Embossing Cards (2)


Embossing Cards (3)


I embossed the 1875LI Chalk Leaves Large onto black cardstock with red embossing powder. Kaszazz has 27 different colours of embossing powders to choose from. I trimmed the card to size then added Distress Crackle Paint around the edge of the cardstock.


Distress Crackle Paint is a great way to add decades of distress to your creations in just one step - this acid free, non-toxic paint cracks as it dries! Perfect on cardstock, chipboard & more! Apply a medium coat for fine cracks & a thick coat for heavier cracks. Once cracks appear you can speed up the drying process with an Embossing Heat Tool.


I left my piece of cardstock to dry overnight, added a piece of red ribbon & then mounted it onto a black card. I have used TDC23722 Fired Brick Crackle Paint.


Embossing Cards (4)-1


Two of my favourite embossing powders at the moment are our 10028 Sterling Silver & 10029 Gold Sparkle, these powders have fine glitter in them & look absolutely gorgeous once embossed. I have used the Sterling Silver on this card above, these two colours are perfect if you are getting in early creating your Christmas Cards. Please contact me if you would like to order any of these products.


Cheers, Tina

1 comment: