Thursday, July 2, 2009

Blog War Day 1, 2 & 3 - Black is Black

This weeks "Blog War Challenge" is using Black Card or Paper in our projects.


I have used one piece of Black 12 x 12 Scrapbooking Basics for the 3 cards below. With card (1) I used a couple of pieces of scraps. Cards are great for using up your scraps!! I used a piece of Ribbon/Script from the Ebony & Ivory Range & Script/Crackle from the Rustic Range. Punched the hearts. I folded 3 daisies in half & stapled them to the edge of the folded card. Stamped Happy Birthday onto white cardstock with Ancient Page Coal Black, cut it out & mounted it onto the card. Finished with a rub-on bling & a piece of black rick rack ribbon.


Black is Black 004


Black is Black 006


Black is Black 008


Card (2) above, I watermarked the "Cherish Yesterday" stamp over the front of the black card. It doesn't show up well on the photo. I used "Warm Red" Fluid Chalk to stamp the images onto white cardstock. The small buttons are from the 4117KM Stiched borders & the larger buttons are the 1821LC Button Corner stamp. I also used a white daisy & a strip of 4514 Crimson Bazzill.


Card (3) above is a basic little gift card. I used the crown from 436725 Elegant Inpirations Bling Rub-ons sheet. Kaszazz has a number of Alphabet Letter Stamps sets. I have used the Cute Letter Un-cut Stamp set (65), to create the words king & castle, the lower case letters fit perfectly to punch them out with the small circle punch. Check out our gorgeous NEW Carnival Alphabet stamps on page 114 of the current Kaszazz Catalogue & Project Book. I received mine today, can't wait to use them!!


Cheers, Tina

1 comment:

  1. Great cards Tina. I especially love the king of the castle one - an inspirational idea for making a male card. Never would have thought of that one!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete