Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Blog War Day 1 - Christmas In July

Christmas in July (2)



 

This weeks Blog War Theme is "Christmas In July" It seems a little weird thinking about Christmas Cards already, but as a scrapbooker & card maker it pays to be organised early. I know alot of my friends & family look forward to receiving  my home made cards now!! the pressure is on to be organised.


Today's card I have created with strips of double sided sticker paper, I have trimmed to size. Sticker paper (also known as JAK paper) comes in A4 size with 5 sheets per pack, for $8.95. You can find them on page 61 of the Current Catalogue & Project Book. I removed one side of the tape & stuck it down on to Crimson Bazzill then removed the second side of the tape, placed red & green glitter on, one colour at a time. I stamped the Friends & Tree Christmas Stamps with Warm Green Fluid Chalk onto White Bazzill, trimmed to size edged with green & mounted onto the card. I then adhered the Crimson Bazzill to a white card & finished by punching a small star from white cardstock & placing on top of the christmas tree.


MUM'S A WINNER!!!


I had a great time on Saturday racing all my son's mates at the GO KART track for his 13th Birthday. Although I did come 2nd & 3rd in each of the 25 lap races. I DID however acheive the fastest lap time of the day, 23.81 seconds. I am a little bit of a rev head!! LOL. Never gonna let them live that one down. It was so much FUN!!!



Reece's 13th Bday

 to be grouped 053


 


 


 


 


 


Cheers, Tina

3 comments:

  1. Great idea with the glitter and jak paper, I need to get more glitter as I only have pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] try to get them done at lunch time.  But not to leave you empty handed, click on over to Tina’s blog to see how she’s used sticker paper and glitter to add sparkle to a Christmas card and check [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic cards! love the glitter!

    ReplyDelete