Sunday, May 24, 2009

Blog War Day 1 - Shrinky Dinks

This weeks (PoW) Product of the week is SHRINKY DINKS!! This would have to be the most pobular Kaszazz Product with my kids. As soon as I get it out they are there!! They started creating last night, so I will post their creations once they have finished.


Shrinky Dinks are sheets of Frosted Ruff 'n' Ready plastic. This amazing plastic transforms by becoming 9 times thicker & 1/3 of its original size when heated! Before you heat it you can punch holes in your shaped plastic to use your creations as charms & embellishments.


Adult supervision is recommended when heating, & with adult help children just love watching their creations morph!!


My card below, I created three button styled embellishments with the Shrinky Dink plastic. I stamped our new Hibiscus Trio stamp onto the plastic with Ancient Page Coal Black, then edged with Blue Lagoon Fluid Chalk. Carefully I punched out the circles with the Whale Circle Punch, as the ink was still wet. Ink will take a while to dry on the plastic. I then heated the circles on at a time, in a heat proof container with my heat gun. You will find as you heat the plastic it will fold up, but will then lay out flat again. I have adhered the buttons to the card with Glossy Accents.


shrinky-dinks-1-001


shrinky-dinks-1-0021


Happy Birthday to my sister in-law Michelle, hope you have had a beautiful day!!


Cheers, Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment